You may have noticed that new homes are going up around town again. Along with the sale pending signs on existing homes builders are building again. A national index measuring builder sentiment rose in June to its highest level since May 2007. But is buying a new home right for you? Homebuyers trying to decide between new and existing homes have more choices than they have had in the past.
The case for new homes:
New homes come with builder warranties.
New homes allow buyers to select colors and floor plans.
New homes can be easier to insure.
Some builders have their own financing divisions, so getting a mortgage from the builder may be easier than from a lender.
New homes may have a resale advantage.
The case for existing homes:
Existing homes may offer more space for the money and a more convenient location.
Existing homes can be 10 percent to 20 percent less than new construction for comparable square footage.
Existing homes are in established neighborhoods.
New homes can take several months or longer to build.
Exquisite 2008 Geothermal Energy Star Rated Colonial. Nearly 5000 sq ft & costs less than $400/month for all utilities featuring American Cherry hardwood floors throughout, gourmet eat-in kitchen w custom cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, 2 islands, & granite counters, enormous 2 story family room open to the 2nd floor w vaulted ceilings & fieldstone fireplace, beautiful formal living room w gas fireplace & formal dining room both w doors to large deck overlooking yard, 1st floor guest bedroom w 3/4 bath. 2ndfloor features spacious master suite w huge walk in closet & master bath w soaking tub & separate tiled shower, 2 more large bedrooms, full bath, & laundry/utility room. Also includes 3 car garage & full finished walk-out basement leading to private fenced backyard with new in ground pool and patio. Complete exterior reproduction of original antique colonial known as the historic Half-Way Tavern w all the modern amenities expected in a home of this stature.
This is a Colonial/ Historical District/ Walkout Lower Level style home and features 9 total rooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 1 3/4 bath, 4 bedrooms, 0.79 Acres, and is currently available for $495,900.
For complete details click here.
Absolutely stunning completely remodeled first floor 1 bedroom garden style condo featuring beautiful fully applianced eat in kitchen with cherry cabinets and tile flooring, spacious living room with new carpet, paint and wall AC, large bedroom with new carpet and paint, and completed updated full bath with tile flooring in nice pet friendly community with in ground pool and laundry facility right across the hall just minutes to lovely walking trails along the Merrimack River. Condo fee includes heat & how water! 20% Down Payment Conventional Financing Available for qualified buyers!
This is a Garden style home and features 3 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 bedroom, and is currently available for $56,700.
For complete details click here.
Full Dormered Country Cape with hardwood floors throughout featuring 1st floor with fantastic family room with vaulted ceiling and skylights open to large living room with bay window and brick wood fireplace, spacious fully applianced kitchen with tile floor and island open to formal dining room with wainscoting, chair rail and crown molding, tiled entry with door to back deck and half bath, 2nd floor with front to back master, 2 other bedrooms and updated full bath with tile floor, deck overlooking great backyard and 2 car garage with bonus room above all set on lovely 2.4 acre lot bordered by stone wall with nice backyard in great location with quick access to golf course and 101. Recent improvements include, new windows, vinyl siding, boiler and dry basement system.
Manchester Listing AlertsManchester, NH - $59,900
112 English Village Road - Condo - Garden - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:16 hours agoManchester, NH - $150,300
22 Bunker Hill Street - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/16 hours agoManchester, NH - $239,900
217 Stonington Drive - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/114 hours agoManchester, NH - $249,900
240 WHITTINGTON STREET - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/114 hours agoManchester, NH - $279,900
50 LISA LANE - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:1Manchester, NH - $1,100
459 Spruce Street - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Manchester, NH - $109,900
4 Northbrook Drive - Condo - End Unit, Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Manchester, NH - $199,900
1026 SOUTH BEECH STREET - Single-Family - New Englander - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Manchester, NH - $219,900
67 Hackett Hill Road - Condo - Townhouse, Tri-Level - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:1Manchester, NH - $895
29 Old Hackett Hill Rd - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1
Bedford Listing AlertsBedford, NH - $440,000
32 Stowell Road - Single-Family - Colonial, Walkout Lower Level - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/110 hours agoBedford, NH - $319,000
30 Olde Lantern - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:114 hours agoBedford, NH - $439,900
10 SONOMA DR - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:114 hours agoBedford, NH - $449,500
1 SMITHFIELD LANE - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:10 - Beds:2 - Baths:2 - 3/4Baths:114 hours agoBedford, NH - $449,500
1 SMITHFIELD LANE - Condo - Ranch - Rooms:10 - Beds:2 - Baths:2 - 3/4Baths:114 hours agoBedford, NH - $499,900
23 Bowman Parade Road - Condo - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $499,900
23 Bowman Parade Road - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $339,900
18 Essex Road - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Bedford, NH - $299,900
85 Sandy Pond Parkway - Single-Family - Contemporary, Tri-Level - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Bedford, NH - $399,900
77 Gault Road - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH May 20, 2013One ticket sold in Florida has won the Powerball jackpot, with a final annuity value of $590.5 million, short of the advertised estimate of $600 million. […]
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling May 20, 2013Tuesday's meeting is scheduled to get underway at 7:30 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chambers on the third floor of City Hall, One City Hall Plaza. […]
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked May 20, 2013"We have promised the victim's family we will not release his name until after the autopsy is performed," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said. […]
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids May 20, 2013But , a local Kiwanian and community relations manager here at the New Hampshire Union Leader, said I am missing out on some great deals on items like gift certificates,sports and entertainment tickets, household items, collectibles, and more. […]
- Manchester business owners hope to revive pedestrians-only Hanover Street project May 20, 2013Neville Pereira, who owns two restaurants on the block, said Tuesday that business owners met last week and agreed to form an association that is already lobbying the city to approve closing of Hanover Street to traffic between Chestnut Street and Nutfield Lane. […]
- Institute for Art graduates its largest class in Manchester May 20, 2013Graduate Taryn Cozzy lets friends know everything is good as she and her graduates proceed into the New Hampshire Institute of Art's Commencement at the Palace Theatre in Manchester Sunday afternoon. […]
- NH police investigate fatal shooting in Manchester May 20, 2013Officials say police responded to a report of a shooting at about 11 p.m. Saturday in the vicinity of Pine and Prospect streets, where they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound. […]
- Manchester continues to grapple with new refugees May 19, 2013The number of immigrants in New Hampshire has grown by 36 percent in the last decade. […]
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural May 19, 2013The pair have started ecovending, which provides healthy choices in vending machines. […]
- New president named at FIRST May 19, 2013Don Bossi, a successful technology executive, has been named president of FIRST, the robotics competition created by Manchester inventor Dean Kamen to inspire young people's interest in science and technology. […]
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH May 20, 2013
- A great day for a road race May 19, 2013Bedford friends who run every year. Kathy Gibbons, Claudette Fessenden, Barbara Obevny, Amy Dalrymple, Amy Clark, Diane Rondeau, Paul Rondeau BEDFORD - It was a perfect New Hampshire May morning for the running of the 39th Bedford Rotary Memorial Road Races Saturday.The sun was bright, the skies clear blue and the wind still as 350 runners departed ... (more […]
- Movie theater moves forward in Portsmouth May 19, 2013Zyacorp Entertainment of Bedford on Friday announced that construction will soon begin on its Cinemagic Stadium 10 Theater, which is scheduled to open in November at Southgate Plaza. […]
- NHTI graduates more than 550 students May 18, 2013NHTI graduates head into a large white tent for the start of the 63rd Commencement Exercise. […]
- Documentary on officers killed in line of duty to play in Bedford May 17, 2013An acclaimed documentary about police officers killed or injured in the line of duty will be shown free of charge in Bedford on Saturday night. […]
- Manchester Small Business Week starts May 20 May 15, 2013Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas in conjunction with the Manchester Economic Development Office will host the 3rd Annual Manchester Small Business Week beginning May 20. […]
- A great day for a road race May 19, 2013