You pack all of your belongings in a truck and hope for the best but even with the most careful movers, accidents can happen. Did you know that typical moving insurance barely covers your prized possessions in cause of a problem.
Typical moving insurance pays about 60 cents per pound for damaged goods. So if you have a $1,000 item that only weighs 10 pounds you will get a whopping $60 back.
To make up the gap you should consider purchasing moving insurance. There are several options for you to choose from:
Full value insurance
Full value insurance is the most expensive insurance because it covers your whole shipment. If anything is lost, damaged or destroyed, the movers can either offer to repair the item, reimburse you with cash or replace it with a similar item. Check the policy to see if there are coverage limits on certain items.
Released value insurance
Released value insurance is the most typical type of insurance. It usually covers goods for 60 cents per pound. Released value insurance is usually offered at little to no cost to you. make sure to check your moving contract, some exclude coverage if you pack your own boxes.
If you choose the mover’s released value option, you may want to opt for additional insurance from a third-party. Under this type of coverage your mover would be liable for 60 cents per pound of damaged goods and the insurance company would pay any of the remaining costs.
As with any contract make sure to read the coverage thoroughly so you can make an educated decision about what type of coverage you will have for your move.
Meticulously Maintained Newer Colonial featuring 1st floor w/ eat-in kitchen w/ SS appliances, island, new light fixtures & back door to 28×16 composite deck built to support a hot tub w/ vinyl railing & propane hook-up for grill (included & 2 propane tanks), formal dining room/office w/ HW floor, spacious living room w/ mini-split A/C that cools the whole 1st floor, half bath & lovely foyer, 2nd floor w/ front to back master w/ mini-split A/C & walk-in closet, 2 more large bedrooms & full bath, heated walk out basement w/storage & laundry, heated auto open direct entry 2 car garage w/ new doors, 15,000 watt whole house generator, whole house lightning surge protector, new roof, new well pump, rain gutters, vinyl siding, shed, 4 BR septic design for future expansion, plenty of parking w/ separate area for boat or camper & huge backyard w/ fenced area all set far back from road on private 2+ acre lot in great location w/great schools! Please don’t drive up driveway w/o appointment
This is a Colonial style home and features 6 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 2.12 Acres, and is currently available for $287,600.
For complete details click here.
Incredible Updated Cape featuring marvelous mudroom w/ tile floor & slider to great deck & aboveground pool, stunning totally remodeled kitchen w/ new cabinets, new appliances, granite counters, island, pantry & tile floor & backsplash open to formal dining room w/ HW floor, spacious living room w/fieldstone fireplace w/ pellet stove insert, bay window & HW floor, updated full bathroom w/ tile floor, 1st floor bedroom, 2nd floor w/ large master, 2nd sizable bedroom & large half bath w/ plumbing & space to convert to full bath plus full unfinished basement w/ laundry hook-ups, storage & bulkhead, generator hook-up, oversized attached direct entry 2 car auto open garage w/ new doors & large private backyard w/ shed & patio all on 1.043 acre lot in nice neighborhood w/ great schools. Many recent improvements include new well, new boiler, new septic, pellet stove, replacement windows & vinyl siding!
This is a Cape style home and features 7 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 1.04 Acres, and is currently available for $269,900.
For complete details click here.
If you’ve never heard of a moving scam, then consider yourself lucky. But many people across America are falling victim to these scams. Moving scammers have a multitude of ways that they can take advantage of you. The main scam seems to be packing all of your household items into their truck, and then adding on exorbitant additional fees in transit, effectively holding your items hostage until you pay up. Less popular scams involve unlicensed movers posing as legitimate companies, by-the-hour rates where you are charged even while no work is being done, and in the rare case, a sham company showing up, packing up all of your possessions, and driving away, never to be heard from again. To minimize your risk, follow a few simple guidelines.
- Use a local, reputable business.
- Never do business with a broker. Always do business with the actual moving company.
- Always be sure that the company is licensed to do the work they are to be performing. This includes getting the business’s full name and address, motor carrier (MC) and Department of Transportation (DOT) license numbers, phone numbers and an e-mail address. If a company cannot provide you access to these things, then move on.
- Be sure to use a company with actual employees, and not day laborers. If they use day laborers, there is a chance that they may not have the proper insurance in place.
Additionally, be sure to get any estimates in paper form. They are legally obligated to do so, and if they balk at the idea, then it’s time for you to move on, and find a company that will play by the rules.
Manchester Listing AlertsManchester, NH - $264,900
788 CHESTNUT - Single-Family - Victorian - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:28 hours agoManchester, NH - $214,900
495 Shasta - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:1 - Parking Spaces:12 hours agoManchester, NH - $179,900
282 Laurel - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:15 - Parking Spaces:4Manchester, NH - $214,900
797 Straw - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1 - 3/4Baths:1Manchester, NH - $164,900
358 Shasta Street - Single-Family - New Englander - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Manchester, NH - $216,900
90 Gerard - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Manchester, NH - $217,900
80- Erskine Ave - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2 - 3/4Baths:1Manchester, NH - $247,900
319 Coral - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Manchester, NH - $154,900
200 Wells - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Goffstown, NH - $239,900
9 Albert - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2
Bedford Listing AlertsBedford, NH - $524,900
27 SPARTAN Dr - Single-Family - Colonial, Walkout Lower Level - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $210,000
28 Chatham Drive - Condo - End Unit, Garden - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1 - 3/4Baths:1Bedford, NH - $274,900
17 Bedford - Single-Family - Gambrel, Log - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Bedford, NH - $599,900
3 Twin Brook Lane - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/2Bedford, NH - $397,500
81 Meetinghouse - Single-Family - Cape, Freestanding - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $435,000
11 Sparrow - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $824,800
53 Settlers Court - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/2Bedford, NH - $550,000
24 Olde English - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Bedford, NH - $324,900
11 Birkdale - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1 - 3/4Baths:1Bedford, NH - $835,000
29 Powder Hill Road - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1
- New I-93 southbound bridge in Windham to open as traffic shifts September 16, 2014Southbound traffic on Interstate 93 will be shifted to a new bridge over Routes 111 and 111A this week, the latest step in the expansion of the heavily-traveled road between the Massachusetts line and Manchester. Between the Windham weigh station and the Exit 2 interchange, southbound traffic in Windham currently shares the route for northbound traffic, incl […]
- One seniora s story: Starting college admissions process is like... September 16, 2014With the 2014-15 school year now in full swing, many high school seniors are finding that they have two jobs: keeping up with classes and filling out college applications. This blog will follow one senior as she navigates the college search and application process. […]
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child September 16, 2014Santos Cerritos, 51, of 66 Ward St., was arrested Monday night on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault. […]
- UNHTuition091514 September 16, 2014As New Hampshire lags behind the rest of the country in funding higher education, the University System of New Hampshire board trustees are asking the state for an additional $100 million for fiscal year 2016 and $105 million for 2017, returning state support for the university system to 2009 levels. The board says that the money would allow them to extend t […]
- Veto override vote on juvenile justice advisory board bill fails in N.H. Senate September 16, 2014State Senate Republicans didn't revive a bill yesterday that would have re-established the state's long-dormant juvenile justice advisory board. The board met last year for the first time in roughly a decade, and heard hours of complaints from employees at the Sununu Youth Development Center, a Manchester juvenile detention center. […]
- Eisenhower's watch may fetch $1M at auction September 16, 2014Admirers on Saturday had a chance to see a piece of rare and historical memorabilia - President Dwight D. Eisenhower's Rolex watch. NEARLY $7,500 SINCE 2010. […]
- Facing death, Sudanese woman relied on her faith September 15, 2014The Sudanese woman who faced a death sentence for refusing to reject Christianity says she was under pressure to convert to Islam but kept her faith. Meriam Ibrahim, who now lives in Manchester, New Hampshire, was sentenced to death over charges of apostasy, the abandonment of a religion. […]
- Facing Death, Sudanese Woman Relied on Her Faith September 15, 2014The Sudanese woman who faced a death sentence for refusing to reject Christianity says she was under pressure to convert to Islam but kept her faith. Meriam Ibrahim, who now lives in Manchester, New Hampshire, was sentenced to death over charges of apostasy, the abandonment of a religion. […]
- Veggie stir-fry September 15, 2014Jenna Hornsby of Fresh Start Farms shows a great way to prepare the fresh vegetables available now at farmer's markets. THUNDERSHOWERS ON SUNDAY. […]
- Police: Man with arm in sling robs CVS September 15, 2014HANDED. HE DID DISPLAY A HANDGUN WHICH HE PULLED FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS WAISTBAND. […]
- New I-93 southbound bridge in Windham to open as traffic shifts September 16, 2014
- Summit focuses on health cost innovations September 16, 2014New Hampshire health care providers, insurance companies and business leaders are discussing the challenges that come with providing good benefits while keeping premiums affordable. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Hampshire and Business NH Magazine organized the health care summit being held Tuesday in Bedford. […]
- Among 5 primary recounts, no changes to winners September 16, 20149 primary remain the same after five recounts, although the number of votes may have changed. […]
- Home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced by investigators September 16, 2014The shroud of secrecy authorities maintained over Nathan Lamontagne for 17 months by withholding his identity and alleged role in the brutal 2012 Bedford home invasion officially lifted Monday when Lamontagne testified that law enforcers "coerced" him into giving a statement against accomplice Charles Normil on promises they would protect him ... ( […]
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds September 15, 2014The mother of a student struck by a car last Tuesday at Ross A. Lurgio Middle School is speaking out about safety concerns on school grounds. […]
- Couple under arrest in Bedford Dunkin' Donuts armed robbery September 12, 2014A couple wanted in connection with Monday's Dunkin' Donuts armed robbery in Bedford is under arrest, after members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force located the wife and the getaway vehicle in Laconia and found husband hiding in an apartment in Somersworth. […]
- Summit focuses on health cost innovations September 16, 2014